Interviewing My MCs!

 


Interviewing My MC's - Murad and Aaron

Portraits by Kalimpaszmadar. 


Hello! I stumbled upon some "ice breaker" questions for first dates, and thought this would be a very funny way to interview the ATBOD main characters, Murad and Aaron.

Without further ado, here are the questions!


Q: What travel essentials are you packing?

Murad: Bow, arrow, swords, explosives. Spices. 

Aaron: Lance, sword, shield. 


Q: If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

Murad: Venice.

Aaron: I have to stay in Mercia at the moment. I have responsibilities.

Murad: I'm changing my answer. I will also stay in Mercia.

Aaron: You don't have to.

Murad: I will stay in Mercia.


Q: If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be?

Murad: I would be a horse.

Aaron: I'd switch with Murad. I'd love to see what he gets up to.


Q: If you had three wishes, what would you ask for?

Murad: Keep Aaron safe. Vanquish his enemies. Have a horse stable all to myself.

Aaron: Those are good wishes. I'd wish for peace in Mercia, peace in Britain, and a good harvest.

Murad: My wishes are better. 


Q: If you could have dinner with anyone (living or dead), who would you pick?

Murad: Aaron.

Aaron: That's very nice. I would pick Murad too.

Murad: Who would you pick besides me?

Aaron: Perhaps my mother? I miss her.

Murad: ... 

[Murad is probably staying quiet right now because he alone can see the ghost of Aaron's mother in the haunted castle.] 


Q: If you could invent one thing right now, what would it be?

Murad: A handheld canon to blow enemies out of my way.

Aaron: A more comfortable way to travel long distance. 


Q: If you could befriend any animal, which would it be?

Murad: My horse.

Aaron: Yes, horses. 


Bonus round from Kestane:

Q: And what do you think about these answers from the boys?

Kestane: Neigh!!



I hope you enjoyed this little interview! 

Some bonus questions for the author (er, me) from Threads: 

Q: Which part of writing the book came easy to you, and which was the hardest?

A: The setting, time period, and Pagan background is second nature to me, because of my lifelong personal interest in the medieval period, British folklore and history, and Paganism. This type of setting is my jam and always has been.

ATBOD isn't a documentary or historical account, it is a fairytale fantasy and a speculative fiction based on the real period and the real practices. I wanted to portray a fantasy version of Paganism, and I'm very happy with the outcome.

The hardest parts for me, as with any book, is food! Trying to remember that not every character is a vegan or vegetarian, or non drinker, like I am, stopping and thinking hang on, what else are they eating? 

Also, curiously, historical accounts for medieval times show a more vegetarian or fish based diet than we in modern, meat obsessed times might expect. So that was interesting to delve into. Also, a medieval pie was square shaped!

 

Q: Do you hide any quirks or aspects of yourself in your characters?

A: Yes, in most of the characters, as I'm sure every writer does. It's a fun way to explore moods and personalities. I would say Murad is a very unmasked power fantasy for me. He doesn't care what people think, and he doesn't go out of his way to make others comfortable in a social setting. He has resting bitch face, and he will walk away mid conversation if he wants to. I'm sure many of us can enjoy living in that type of personality on the page from time to time!

Aaron on the other hand is much more 'media trained' and charming, because he was raised as a public figure, and has adoring fans at court. He's polite but firm, sweet and disarming, and I love the contrast of him and Murad together.

Wynn is probably the most similar to me.

Eleanor is great because she's so determined and unhinged. I like to think that if she was born or reincarnated in a modern era, she would be a kickass businesswoman or politician. She was a strong personality born in the wrong time period for a woman with ambition. 

If she'd been born thousands of years earlier she may have been revered as a Pagan priestess. 


Thanks so much for your questions! 

ATBOD is out on Sept 8, and you can pre-order it now. 

Read an excerpt here! 

Signing off, C. Quince.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.Quince catalogue

Old School Spy Meets New School Gadgets

ATBOD Humour