Fantasy Written For Heavy Metal


Fantasy Written For a Heavy Metal Soundtrack

Welcome back to my blog! It's time for another fun post.

If there's one thing I do consistently, it is pick absolute BANGER tunes for my social media posts. I decided to delve into that for ATBOD, my medieval era Fantasy novel. 

So, without further ado, please enjoy the three soundtrack themes for ATBOD!


Heavy Metal

Brian May's epic guitar set to a backdrop of 80s glam metal. Am I describing the score to Masters of the Universe? Yes! Perfect for dramatic sword wielding! 

Also:

Cathedral - Witchfinder General 

Metallica - Wherever I May Roam 

Don Felder - Heavy Metal (Take A Ride)

I'll also take a heavy metal remix of Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero.



80s Synthwave

An epic score that evokes the Dark Fantasy films of the '80s. I'm talking Excalibur, Ladyhawke, Legend; exciting scores that mix medieval chants and classical music with prog and synth. 

Neil Acree - The Mighty Nein (theme)

Depeche Mode - People Are People 

(And also Master And Servant like the new adaptation of The Decameron did!)


Folk Metal

AKA perfect battle music!! 

Netherwilds - The Fall

Heilung - Alfadhirhaiti 


Folk Rock

For the happy scenes, like the spring festival (Tabernis) or the calming forest (Clannad). And for building suspense (Eivor). 

Tabernis - Hive Dance

Eivรถr & John Lunn - The Last Kingdom (theme)

Clannad - The Hooded Man


Bonus song

Because this is the entire theme! I'd make a synth version that also goes into 80s Metal. 

Stefania Del Prete - Once Upon A Dream


I hope you have enjoyed this soundtrack post! 

At the Border of Destiny, a witchy, Dark Fairytale Fantasy, is available now in both ebook and paperback.


Signing off,

C. Quince ๐Ÿค˜๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽธ

P.S.
I know what will happen as soon as I post this blog entry. I will think of at least 10 or 20 other songs I could have included! But hopefully you get the general idea. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.Quince catalogue

Old School Spy Meets New School Gadgets

ATBOD Humour