Praise For CQuince

 


As a way of celebrating my the release of my fourth book (!!) in two years, I thought it would be fun to gather a few of the compliments readers and reviewers have said about my books so far!

These are a few snips that have stood out to me, but is by no means an exhaustive list. I'd love to do a part two to this, maybe I'll make it a thing? So by all means please keep 'em coming! Authors need fuel!

Presented in text format so it's easier to read, and in no particular order: 


"I'm very impressed by this author, this is the third book I have read and they are all so very different - and all so very good."


"One thing C Quince gets me to do, is to read books that I did not know I wanted to read until I read them. I hold my hands up, whilst I have heard of Steampunk, I did not know that Solarpunk was a thing and now I want more."


"I'm not sure what it is, but there's something about C. Quince's writing that scratches an itch so right for me. I don't know whether it's the stories being told or the unapologetically British tone of them. Possibly how they somehow manage to perfectly encapsulate somewhere much warmer, like, in this case, Türkiye - maybe all three."


"This is the second novella I’ve read by C. Quince and I absolutely love how immersive the settings are."


"CWTK takes place in an alternate Regency era that is so well done—I was completely engrossed in the author’s vision of a “solar punk” Türkiye."


"The settings were excellently written, reminding me of scenes from Agatha Christie’s books."


"One of the MMCs deserves an Oscar for comedy. He is the pinnacle of witty and him having a British accent is just chef’s kiss."


"Quince does a great job of building the suspense and leaving us hanging at just the right moments." 


"Quince is such a hidden gem of the genre. I love the way they take some standard genre ideas and twist them and make them unique and interesting and fun."


"C. Quince gives us a nuanced fantasy story with layers that will draw you in. It’s a quiet statement of freedom and choice. At the Border of Destiny is a tale that brings back the glory days of historical fantasy, but with themes that you can see in the present."


"There were quite a few elements of this book that paid homage to a Shakespeare play in their tone, the events that happened, and the characters present."


"A very famous line came to mind as I started reading this book - "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark". Of course, we're not in Denmark at all. We're in Mercia, one of the kingdoms of Britain."


Again, not an exhaustive list, and I want to take a moment to thank all of my readers, especially my ARC team, for their support and for reading my books, you are very appreciated! 


You can find all of my books here.

Signing off,

C. Quince.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.Quince catalogue

Old School Spy Meets New School Gadgets

ATBOD Humour